A true fighter for life, liberty, and property, Swartz was not afraid to stand up to Barack Obama or Hollywood. As the co-founder of Demand Progress, Swartz led a famous international Internet strike against the SOPA and PIPA bills.
LibertyColumns.com’s predecessor blog, X-Cop Fly Company, described (Volume V, page 42-43) the so-called “Internet Blacklist Bills” and the “Great Firewall of America” it would create as follows:
- [Wikipedia] will have to block the US from editing its site, as they will have to hire lawyers 24/7 to approve every edit (out of at least thousands of edits per day)
- YouTube will have to fully watch and fully approve every video submitted.
- In order to prevent ourselves from accidentally becoming felons, we will have to put a blindfold and earplugs next to our keyboard and mouse.
- At least once, the President be working together with, and acting in the interest of, Muslim terrorist states.
- People will not be able to buy food if they are merely suspected of copyright infringement, as the grocer would become a felon unless the customer goes to federal court with the MAFIAA and is not proven guilty. (Still a financial transaction.)
- Every business in the country becomes free unpaid legal services for the entertainment industry, mainstream media, and White House.
Swartz also unsuccessfully attempted to stop the Obama kill list, as well as the bipartisan 2012 NDAA, which has given the President the right to transfer any American into the military court system, subjecting him/her to torture, death, and any other cruel and unusual punishment one can think of, and all of this without legal representation and due process.
The death has been ruled a suicide.
LibertyColumns.com’s owner, Daniel R. Quintiliani, helped fund Demand Progress’ upcoming Hacking Politics book. This collection of SOPA/PIPA-related articles from various bloggers and public figures will be released in February 2013. Mr. Quintiliani will be personally named in the book along with at least 12 other “co-publishers”.
LibertyColumns.com appreciates the efforts of Aaron Swartz and hope his organization Demand Progress continues to fight for freedom against its anti-Constitution, anti-American, pro-European enemies in Washington, Wall Street, Hollywood, and elsewhere.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal License. Terms and conditions beyond the scope of this license may be available at libertycolumns.com.